There's more than one path to success

Lou Murphy, our Careers Advisor and her colleague from Skills Development Scotland have been running sessions with all S6 classes covering a range of topics to support students in planning for their next steps.  Areas which students have found particularly helpful have included advice about completing personal statements, achieving success, using the STAR technique in interview situations, an introduction to recruitment methods and labout market information, looking at live information for the City of Edinburgh.



"I can confidently access and interpret the information I need to make well informed choices about my learning options, pathways and how these relate to possible future careers."

"I can draw appropriately on evidence from my skills profile to help me complete application forms, create CVs and when practising interview techniques."

"I can describe all aspects of typical recruitment and selection processes and how to best prepare for and manage these"

"I can identify and access support networks that will help me into a positive and sustained destination beyond school."


Popular posts from this blog

The Top Ten Skills for Employers

Thomson Bethune - Trainee Quantity Surveyor Programme

Pilot Careers Live