This week our S2 pupils have been looking at work skills. Here are some of the things you can do now to build your skills for the future.
- Sign up to www.myworldofwork.co.uk.
- Have discussions, listen to teachers, listen to other adults, read books and other resources to find out what certain jobs involve.
- Ask family members about their jobs and what skills they use.
- Think of your subjects – What skills do you use? – What types of jobs and careers need these skills? – Can you improve your skills?
- Which personal qualities are important in work?
- Visit the school Careers Library – find out what is there.
- Make sure your attendance, punctuality and self-discipline are good.
- Communicate clearly with other people.